Wednesday, 9 July 2008 § Leave a comment
Refusing the translation job I got last year with Siemens might be a wrong decision. I started to regret.
Although the salary was not as much as the current job (they did offer OT wage when needed), the people and atmosphere there seemed to be nice. I could feel that when I walked into their office for a translation test and an interview.
But at the time the decision of leaving the current company was not that I was bored of the current responsibilities (unlike these days). Instead, I was sick of colleagues and internal politics.
Thus, after having talked with my boss, I decided to stay at the same old place. I was offerred higher salary increase, and promised more challenging responsibilities and tasks.
So far, only the salary is true; while I have not seen any challenges.
And now, because I graduated, I am even keener to move on, especially to the job field(s) I studied.
I am stuck now, I can feel..
Tuesday, 10 June 2008 § 1 Comment
Just do realise that I ignored the monthly schedule in my paper-based desk planner the whole month in May. All boxes were left blank and I could not turn back time to use any boxes.
Wednesday, 28 May 2008 § Leave a comment
Bad, worse, worst..
Yesterday, I was careless and didn’t notice that there was a typo on the former owner’s lastname of the condo room at Rayong. Then, I had to take one more day leave to go back there on a normal working day.
Today, I just knew that I had proposed wrong pricing to a customer, and he had paid. I could not get him to pay the difference.
All seems to go wrong during this time.
Edited: Forgot that I used English in this blog. So, I came back and changed the content to English.
Tuesday, 29 April 2008 § Leave a comment
Sometimes, I just don’t know if I dislike the job, the place, or the people.
I really don’t know, sometimes.
Friday, 18 April 2008 § Leave a comment
Two customers came in together today to test a SIM card. They cannot be called a potential or profitable one because they are interested in airtime and will be using it for a few days as a demo for their customers.
I always feel comfortable and am willing to serve any customers who talk nice and don’t act like shit, and one of them seemed nice when we talked on the phone.
When they came, we went on with the demo before we talked more about the pricing and proper packages for his usage requirement.
Finally, since the prepaid packages do not allow any ‘streaming’ service, while the postpaid package would cost a lot and 12-month contract is required; I could offer him a loan on our own demo and we charge them back with the minutes and MB used later.
I think this would be the best thing I have ever done for a customer because they have never bought anything from us. I just thought that it was good that they had a chance to try it and we had no costs, so why not?
After they knew they could borrow the demo card, they said they wanted one more. OK, my colleague was also nice and said that we had one in Singapore. We sorted it out and we could borrown that, and it should be able to be shipped next week.
However, they did not know the word ENOUGH. They told my colleague that they wanted to borrown our terminal as well. Once I heard, I at once said TOO MUCH. THAT WAS TOO MUCH, PEOPLE!
I walked to talk to them right away that borrowing our terminal was not possible. That they could borrow our demo card and would not have to pay for the activation and monly fee was really too much. And what.. one of them still said..
‘So, I will have only one terminal for testing.’
‘OK then. You will need only one SIM card.’ I turned away right after the full stop. But I recalled that I should have said goodbye to him and asked when they wanted to come and get the card.
‘OK, so that’s it.’ My face was like the other way around from the first time I met them last hour, surely. ‘Good bye.’
(I will be happy if this will not be successful…. I do not want this kind of customers.)
Wednesday, 19 December 2007 § 1 Comment
‘Mum, I think I should go somewhere for meditation.’
‘Why? Who told you to do that?’
‘No one. It is myself. I feel that I need more control over my emotion.’
‘Ah, I’d better talk to my auntie-in-law.’
‘Yea, she said she would ask you to join her when she had a plan for any meditation.’
‘Hmm.. good then.’
Experiencing myself getting very emotional each day, and hardly being able to bring back my positive feelings and thinking about people around; I feel annoyed about myself.
Besides, a situation yesterday afternoon made me realise that though I tried to be positive and optimistic, my inner thought is very negative and pessimistic. What I really do is just hiding my real feelings and trying to be nice to everyone. And once I cannot stand being like that, the negative feelings just explode!
The situation was that, while I was studying for the exam, Pek and Meen came into the study room. They are very kind and always helpful to everyone. More importantly, they have never made me feel that they are taking advantages of anyone. On the contrary, they are taken advantages of by others.
Before they arrived, they had asked me to explain this and that in the chapter my friends and I presented in class. I am not good at explaining something, but I tried. However, mostly, it was them who explaining and digesting everything in other lectures to me. They did that on their own will, and I was a good learner.
They are a very lovely couple and I am looking forward to their wedding. Hope they would invite me to join and I would definitely go!
Well, the real point I want to mention here is that, although they may not like a few friends’ behaviours who act as freeriders, or may feel awkward with a few friends who pretend not being knowledgeable in anything; they are able to getting along with those friends, while they do not look unhappy.
I think they just do not think about those friends too much and ignore some bad behaviours they do not like. When talking to those friends, I reckon, they may not try to recall negative feelings up to the point that may cause them to stop talking to those people.
I am in contrast, somehow. One thing impacts the rest in a roll. That’s me! I am making things even worse.
Normally, I do not complain much. Most who only see me in the first few times or who have never worked in group with me would rarely see how I am.
- I can be very kind when I feel people are fair with me.
- I can be very understanding when people have good reasons to support their behaviours.
- I can be very reasonable when people show me that they are reasonable as well.
- I can be convinced and taught by those who can show me that they are also following the same things they are suggesting me. Show me you can also do that; otherwise, do not dare teaching me!
- I can be very considerate when people show me they contribute a lot to the group work.
- I can be very sympathised and helpful when people show me that they have tried very hard to get a thing done, but they fail and need my assistance.
On the other hand,..
- I can be very mean when people ignore my offer of helping and they cannot complete the task which impact the whole group.
- I can ignore whatever-whoever without trying to understand when people always use the same reason that they are not born to do this. Is this a supporting reason? I am not sure if it is.
- I can be upset and negative once I find that those who try to teach me something in this real world cannot even follow their own words in their own lives, especially when they break their words by doing such things (they said it was not proper) with me. They tell me not to do, while they do it themselves!
- I can be a devil when people keep playing around without showing their attention and intention to work by hoping that at the end of the day their work would be covered and edited by others, or hoping that others would step in and help them finish the work. I ignore these people.
And when these negative feelings happen, I would spend over a week to have them faded away. This is not good for myself.
I have a problem with my EQ!
Thursday, 6 December 2007 § Leave a comment
When asking for any security deposit back from a company or service provider, would I accept that my credit card has been credited when there is no proof?
And would Nikki accept that her credit card has been credited when there is no proof?
I do not think so.
It is not $100, but $1,000! If I were a customer, I would shout at the rep from the provider, and would not leave this office till I had an evidence to prove that my money had been returned to my account.
How come Nikki left me and did not even try to forward me the receipt (which showed that the amount had been refunded)? I even asked her to take a photo of the receipt. She laughed and said the customer would have to wait till tomorrow.
Ha! If you were a customer, would you Nikki? Kid!
Thinking that the money would be automatically transferred to the customer’s credit card right away (and Nikki said so), I just went to talk to the customer and asked him to check with his card provider; while Nikki was leaving for home.
And it turned out that the card provider could not see any credited amount in the customer’s account yet!
D a r n . . . .
Wish I could go home now.. Moody!
- Transfers to and from a credit card/ bank might not be done right way. Normally, it takes a daily process. For this case, the transaction would be done through the system around midnight.
- Don’t let Nikki go until the job is successfully done. Otherwise, she will not be contactable at all. No matter how often I call or text, she will just keep quiet without any returning calls.
- I should not allow or favour any customer with the credit card application anymore. Actually, the credit card application is not for Thailand, but Australia. And when it happens in Australia, it is out of my control (I cannot control the machine, as well as people’s minds and behaviours). Unlucky for the coming customers. No more credit card application from me ever!
P.S. Anyway, this customer is also quite picky and always wants this and that in his way. When he came for renting the phone, it was like he did not read what I had emailed to him.
He came and started asking everything again. I spent over 2 hours with him. And when he came, he said he did not have $1,500 to pay in cash, and if it was possible to use his credit card. I favoured him and tried to get everything in the ways he wanted.. and now.. problem.. ! Duh!
Next time, I would let all customers now that credit card use is not possible here. Customers have to ensure they have enough cash or can transfer the amount to our bank account.